Thursday 15 December 2011

4 End of School Year Activities for Teachers


The end of the year is here! It is something you can feel in the air. Everyone is excited to take a break from working hard all school year. Make starting up again next year easy with these 5 end of school year activities for teachers.

1.Take down your bulletin boards and put up new ones. When I began teaching I loved taking down my bulletin boards at the end of the year. There is something about those empty boards that scream SUMMER! One year I decided I was going to put new paper up and my boards for the fall before I left for the summer. It was the best thing I did! When teachers came back and everyone hustling to get their boards done, I was able to spend my time on my lesson planning and my new things I wanted to do as far as content for the year. Guess what? The next year many teachers followed. It is a GREAT time saver. Try it!

2.Clean out files. Go through all you files from this year and dump! Do both student files as well as your own. You don't need to be saving unnecessary paperwork that over the years gets out of control. Take a few hours at the end of the year to go through what you don't need and toss it!

3.Gather activities for the first few weeks of school. Everyone has their favorite activities that they like to do the first few weeks of school. Get that stuff ready before you leave for summer. It will be one less thing you need to do when you come back to school. Teacher organization is the key!

4.Make copies. If there are lessons you do or tests you give the first month back at school, make those copies now and get them out of the way. You can place them in all those empty files you have now that you have done #2! There is always a rush at the copy machine of teachers making copies when the year begins. Beat that rush by preparing ahead of time!

Doing these 4 activities will help make your life easier in the long run. Go do these and then have a wonderful summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment